Monday, December 15, 2008

Assignment 13a

I think that this article is right on target because at the beginning it explains the purpose of the article. It explains clearly that the problem is that the percentage of enrollement in the IT master degree program has dropped substancially in the last 3 or 4 years; it also discuss about the possible causes of this problem that IT faculty members have investigated. This article also ennumerates the solutions that are being implemented at U of H to solve the problem: the linked courses.
In my opinion the title does not have a big connection with the content because in the article besides mentioning storytelling and content area instruction, the content area are denominated as linked courses through the article. I would add maybe a subtitle that has "Linked courses" in it.
The article explains really good the content of each of the classes involved as linked courses. I would say that the Historical Development of Children's Literature needs a little bit of more information, or maybe it is just that it is a new adding to the linked courses and it needs to develop more.
The last idea about: Where Do We Go From Here? I like the way Digital Photography and Storytelling linked with Popular Culture developed this semester. The idea of having Digital Photography on line it is not very appealing for me if I have to come to U of H for a 2 hours class and then return home and work on line for the other class. Either have both on line or leave them the way they are.
By the way, this semester for me was hard because I had to take two classes instead of one as I usually do it. Assignments from two classes and work at school was kind of a very busy time for me. Well, it looks like I survived.
Overall the article is good and right to the point on justifying the need of linked courses.

No comments: